- @jeffnoon Thankyou so much! #
- Geektress need a hand to keep their website & podcast going. Go help them! They have hats! Like the young people wear! http://t.co/xtQ2pOxZ #
- This is this week's photo at Elephant Words: http://t.co/TuFWb8tr – This is what I just wrote inspired by it: http://t.co/IQxcUGEj #
- @Amelia_Torode It may not just be expectations. I think it's got a surplus of plot, & not much heart or flow. Worst of TDK, without best. #
- @davidbaillie THANKYOU! Liked yours too! #
- "It is a factual
statement that One Man's Tragedy is Another Man's Marketing Opportunity" Actual words in Japan earthquake scam spam we got. #
- "Thus, I proposed to do business with you in lieu to showcase intricacies
of stealing money while stay within the law… #
- …and gain mutually with no risk
exposed to your integrity" Seriously, spam are like gargoyles. Horrid bits of art we endeavour to ignore. #
- @ryanklindsay Different actors are good at different things, so your wife's question is INVALID. #
- @ryanklindsay You can tell her I sa… Hang on, do you have airplanes out there? #
- @ryanklindsay I was thinking more that I didn't want to say anything until I knew how easy it was for her to get over here and find me. #
- @ryanklindsay Australians scare me. #
- @ryanklindsay Actually, Jimmy Stewart is my FAVOURITE. I just don't think he's one of the better actors. #
- @duncanfegredo I've been playing loads of multiplayer Halo recently, when I usually hate multiplayer games. Did you see the Anniversary Ed? #
- @duncanfegredo I mentioned the other day that Halo is one of only 3 games I can happily play multiplayer (GTA & RDR the others)… #
- @duncanfegredo …That remain satisfying even if you're a bit shit at them. Halo has plenty of hardcore players, but is busy & fun anyway. #
- @duncanfegredo (Anniversary was a BIT weird. Great graphics, but kept forgetting what Master Chief could actually DO at that point.) #
- @duncanfegredo Oh, yeah, you have to turn the people's voices off. They're mostly horrible! #
- @duncanfegredo (Good point about the effect the new graphics had on the overall feel of the game. Weird how that worked.) #
- @NathanDitum I'd totally forgotten about that Hugh Jackman Oscars opener. Loved it all over again. #
- So apparently this is what happens when I ask for my usual haircut from a man instead of a woman: http://t.co/paFOBNaZ #
- @JamesMOMB #
- @MhairiMcF There will never be a better boy band or boy band name than DuJour: http://t.co/9Z4VexHL #
- @tetrarchangel @JamesMOMB You're all making me very sad. I far prefer being a uniquely ridiculous looking person. #
- @Maxy_Barnard Yes. @tetrarchangel @JamesMOMB you are the prettiest of ALL the bitches. #
- In case you missed it earlier, I wrote this: http://t.co/Htddw9z2 inspired by this: http://t.co/tnHqex5K today. READ IT PLEASE! #
- The high-jumpers are all so NICE! But I don't think I have ever actually seen a high-jumper clear the bar. Very odd sport. #
- @johnwarrender Finally got to listen to it later and it is good. But the Jackman thing is ace, innit? @NathanDitum #
- @Pytyr2011 Thankyou! #
- @NathanDitum It's SO Hugh Jackman that it almost ruins it knowing he didn't come up with it. Also, Hathaway! #
- @NathanDitum There's a seemingly dedicated anti-Hathaway sentiment around that I just don't get. Even if you don't fancy her, she's so GOOD. #
- @FelixRatbastard Have any of us? #
- @NathanDitum Mine too. Clearly Nolans too! #
- @FelixRatbastard Exactly! #
- @johnwarrender He's always amazing. Probably LEAST amazing as Logan! @NathanDitum #
From Enigma, this is one of my favourite sequences in comics. In terms of its use of word and image to deliver its effect, it’s vertiginous.
(No pun intended. You just feel the world fall away here.)
I’m trying to work out a way to describe ENIGMA that doesn’t sound like faint praise. “Greatest Underappreciated Work in its genre” isn’t enough. A personal “Top 5 comics in its genre” is too mealy mouthed.
Of all the work that Vertigo put out in its nineties imperial phase, I think Enigma was the finest.
When Gillen is right, Gillen is right.
I already loved Peter Milligan by the time Enigma came out, but the combination of his words and Duncan Fegredo’s art was one of those moments in this reader’s life where my sense of what the medium could do expanded.
Wednesday 5th June: “Police line donut cross”
I might as well just Reblog this this on a standing order. How do I get one of those?
Wednesday 29th May: “‘Sulking’ soldier left behind”
There is no good reason for you to not be following beebsnews. It is regularly and brilliantly funny in your eyeholes.