- Someone at work just asked for my top 5 books.
Not a good question, because it’s impossible to answer. But top 5 I CAN THINK OF RIGHT NOW: #
- 5: "Finder" by Greg Rucka
All of Rucka’s are a joy, but this was the first I read. Girl One reading now. No-one writes thrillers as well. #
- 4: "Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency" by Douglas Adams.
Adams = genius. This book defined the way I think of time travel & funny. #
- 3: "The Sparrow" by Mary Doria Russell.
Impossible to describe, but utterly beautiful. A tale of space travel, faith and humanity. #
- 2: "Alice In Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass" by Lewis Carroll.
The books I go back to most often. Pure invention and delirium. #
- 1: "High Fidelity" by Nick Hornby.
A bit obvious, yes, but I find that this book speaks to my worst and best tendencies. Hornby’s best. #
- "His Dark Materials" by Philip Pullman got bumped. It is wonderful, inventive & thrilling but has a shaky third act… The Sparrow beat it. #
a noodle in a haystack